I've been lame at posting lately and I don't really have any excuse other than that I'm kind of boring.
Anyway.
This weekend I happened to get a plethora of terrible quality cell phone pics to share!
(Can you see her in the bright clothes up in the front?)
She sat on an examination table in a big lecture hall in front of about 70 people while Pete's professor examined her motor skills, reflexes, etc. and the class followed along. If I was Emery, I would've been terrified, but she did great! She loved looking at all the students and even gave out a couple smiles. After class, she had a little fan club of women that held and oogled at her. It was fun for me to get a glimpse of Pete's "school life" and get to know his classmates a bit better.
She sat on an examination table in a big lecture hall in front of about 70 people while Pete's professor examined her motor skills, reflexes, etc. and the class followed along. If I was Emery, I would've been terrified, but she did great! She loved looking at all the students and even gave out a couple smiles. After class, she had a little fan club of women that held and oogled at her. It was fun for me to get a glimpse of Pete's "school life" and get to know his classmates a bit better.
On Saturday morning, we had more opportunity to mingle with Pete's professors and classmates at the whitecoat ceremony. I definitely wasn't prepared for Emery's seemingly celebrity status. Besides being in class the day before, she seemed to be the only baby at the ceremony and with a name the same as the school, I guess it's no wonder she had so many students, teachers, and parents pointing at her, holding her, and coming up to talk to her. She did pretty well and only had a couple meltdowns that were quickly remedied by having me or Pete just take her away from all the people for a few minutes.
| Neffs and Hoyts (thanks for the pics Marie!) |
| Our little family |
| Dan and Pete |
Amidst the school functions this weekend, Pete and Emery and I were also doing some housesitting/babysitting Thursday through Saturday for some friends in our ward. We had lots of fun with their two little boys who are in third grade and first grade! It was especially nice to have Pete around to play soccer with them in the backyard because wow, do little boys have a lot of energy! We played at the park, rode bikes, and definitely did a fair share of computer and TV time. Below is a picture of Pete doing some homework on Thursday night with the two boys, who were "quizzing" him.
Emery enjoyed having some big brothers for a couple days and I enjoyed being able to hand her to one of the kiddos for a couple minutes if I needed to get something done two-handed. However, Emery was really happy to get home to her own crib. In fact, I think this sums up nicely how she felt after the weekend:
She came home and fell asleep for what I thought was going to be a small nap. 10 hours later, she finally woke up. Apparently she was tired, poor girl.
Sunday was as relaxing as it can be when spending hours at church with Emery :)
We must have been feeling pretty good, though, because we finally made it to ward choir practice after church. Emery really likes music and was quite happy to just lay on the floor with her toys and listen to the singing. She joined in a couple times and her noises were almost on tune.
Later, we went to the Neff's for dinner and cake for Marie's birthday.
This week is back to business as usual. Pete's hitting the books heavily with a big test coming up, I'm trying to put my house back together after the weekend, and Emery is trying to get back to her normal schedule. I guess I'll end on this photo---I caught Emery spitting/tongue rolling---it's one of her favorite hobbies these days:


2 comments:
AHHHH! I love this last photo of Emery! She is plumping up a little bit these days eh? I love that.
Steph! I love Emery's outfits! She is so cute and has so much hair! I hope all is well in Georgia! Sometimes I still think i might see you or Pete on campus and then remember you a little too far away for that!
Post a Comment