Pete and I tried hard to have lots of Christmas spirit this year.
First, we bought a Christmas tree.
We searched for the tree of our dreams at a little tree selling place in Provo--and then found it. Then we found out it was $40...so with hopes and dreams slightly dashed, we kept searching for a different tree-of-our-dreams that would cost more like $20.
Luckily we were successful.
We only have three ornaments on our tree and I've never bought any.
Let me explain...
One ornament is of the Boise temple, and the other two are "WillowTree" angels for each year Pete and I have been married (all gifts from my parents). So far we have an angel ornament for 2008 and one for 2009. Every time I saw them on our little tree I thought of how each year we will get one more ornament and each year our Christmas tree will look a little more full and beautiful---just as our lives will be with each passing year.
But maybe I'll be less cheesy and sentimental some Christmas and just buy some ornaments. We'll see :)
And if I've never bought Christmas ornaments, you can bet I haven't bought a star or angel for the top of the tree. What you can barely see in the first picture above would be a small starfish--that I found under our bed--from our honeymoon in Maine.
Our second act in the Christmas spirit was making yummy Christmas treats for friends and co-workers. Most people were already out of town by the time we made and delivered them though...so if you didn't get one, that's probably why.
| Gingerbread Rice Krispy Treats, Peanut Butter bars, and Candy Cane Kiss Cookies |
| Pete making cookies :) |
We also went to a Christmas Voice Male Concert together (free tickets from Pete's co-worker!), watched "Elf," attempted to read the Gospels (we're still working on it), and listened to Christmas music.
We spent a relaxing Christmas and New Year's with my family in Oregon. Pete was able to get a good amount of time off of work and it was wonderful to get away from Provo for a while. I was going to be awesome at picture documentation, but it didn't really happen. This is what I ended up with:
| Pete and Mallory working a puzzle. |
| Pete watching football :) |
| In Boise at the Idaho Botanical Gardens (lit up for Christmas!) |
| Some of the fam. |
| Pretty snowflake cookies me and Mallory made |
All in all we had a wonderful, relaxing holiday season full of yummy food, every-other-day early morning exercise, and lots of reading books. The New Year rolled in with a bang and I'm excited for all the wonderful things ahead in 2011!
No comments:
Post a Comment