Oh baby names.
Such a hard thing to decide.
At first we couldn't think of any...now we have too many.
Finally, I've been through the entire Baby Name Bible (the girl section) and after having many conversations like the one below, we've assembled a list.
Steph: "Oooh, I kind of like 'Olive'"
Pete: "Or we could name her 'Avocado'" (in other words, 'Olive' is a no-go)
Steph "What about 'Lake'? It's kind of pretty and naturistic."
Pete: "Lake?! You're kidding, right?" (guess that one is out as well.)
I would really like to settle on a name before she is born...but as the months have gone by, I'm thinking we are going to have to see her before we know for sure. The table below has the names we are thinking about (in alphabetical order) and the meanings are to the right. The meaning of a name is kind of important to me...I don't really want to name my child something that means "bitter," "weary," or "little dog." Fair enough?
I think it will be so fun to look back after a year or so at the names we were thinking about for our little girl!
Abigail (Abby) | Hebrew, “my father is joyful” |
Darby | Irish “free one” |
Eden | Hebrew, “place of pleasure, delight” |
Emery | German, “industrious” |
Gracelyn/Grace | it’s a virtue J |
Henley | English, “high meadow” |
Jane | English, “God’s gracious gift” |
Julia | Latin, “youthful” |
Maggie | Greek, “pearl” |
Nora | Greek, “light” |
Rebekah | Hebrew, “servant of God” |
Rowan | Irish, “little red-haired one” (you never know!) |
Here are some potential combinations we like (we really like Jane...that will probably be her middle name):
Gracelyn Jane |
Emery Jane |
Julia Grace |
Abigail Jane |
Rebekah Jane |
Darby Jane |
Feel free to let us know what you think! Kindly, of course :)
6 comments:
I am totally for Emery Jane! you better use it, or I will take Emery from you..hahah!
Names are so hard! I really like Nora Jane or Emery Jane! Very cute picks! Good luck! I was shocked when I worked on the Labor and Delivery floor how many people come to the hospital to have their baby and don't have a name picked out yet! So you are not alone!! :) Hope you are doing/feeling well! I miss seeing you and your growing belly every week!
Cute names! I like Emery, Grace, and Maggie. They are all great names though. And loved your baby bump pictures. You really do look great and I know how you feel-it's sometimes tough for me to post pictures when I can literally see from picture to picture how chubby my face is getting :) ... but I figure everyone knows I'm pregnant, it's not like I'm gaining 40 lbs in 9 months on my own!
Emery and Abigail have been two of my favorites for a long time - so cute. I especially love Emery Jane. It was fun to see you and Pete a few weeks ago, you look great!
i like henley or emery :)
I love Gracelyn and Emery, and I think Jane is such a pretty middle name, so classic. Good luck, I can't wait to hear what you choose, and more so to see the little girl!
Post a Comment