Saturday, January 8, 2011

Happy 26th Birthday Peter!

A couple days ago, I said to Pete: "What if our baby girl looks like you?"
His response was a horrified noise that sounded something like "Behhhhh."
I think he must have been picturing a baby girl with a scruffy beard or something---clearly, he wasn't thinking of how cute he was as a tiny little one:


One of the things I like most about Peter is simply that he’s kind. He has true compassion for others and a caring nature devoid of guile. In the two-and-a-half years we’ve been married, I am overwhelmed by how much love he shows me in small, everyday actions and how much I have to learn from him.

If my life were a movie, the only parts worth watching twice would be the parts Pete’s in. Once he comes onto the screen for the first time, the narrator would say (cheesy) things like:

“And then she met Peter.”


“They had so much fun doing absolutely nothing.”


“They married young and then grew up together.”


“She didn’t know life could be so good…and then it just kept getting better.”



I love Pete because our hearts our similar. I love him because he’s different, he’s weird, and he’s funny in a way that makes me laugh every day. I'm so excited for the wonderful things that are ahead of him in life (fatherhood, Physical Therapy school, continuing to be an awesome husband, etc.) and to see the way he continues to use and develop his talents.



On Pete's birthday, I also tend to think of his wonderful mother (after all, she's the one who gave birth to him!). I am so grateful for the way Pete was raised. I know much of his character and much of what I love about him is attributable to his wonderful mother and father and I love them too!

Happy 26th Birthday Peter!!

Thanks for making my life beautiful :)



1 comment:

Cortney Scott said...

Happy Birthday! Pete, you are sooooo old! haha

about this site