Thursday, January 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Quentin!

My younger-but-taller brother Quentin is 15 today!
When I think about Quentin, I just automatically think "cool."
I mean, with a nickname like "Q-man," who can deny the coolness?
I'm surprised we share similar genetics.

Left to Right: Quentin, Mallory, Steph, Nate, Wyatt
Q has tons of really awesome qualities. First of all, he is a really hard worker. From the time he was just a little tike, he was spending hours in the driveway daily playing basketball, perfecting his moves and shot. He also works hard to keep his things clean, nice, and organized--he regularly and meticulously cleans his room and even his shoes. He is a multi-talented kid---he bakes, cooks, runs fast, plays basketball, and grows apricot and avocado trees. He is persistent and patient (I wouldn't be willing to save an avocado pit for months in the fridge, plant it, and wait for it to grow).

This is kinda what his avocado tree looks like
My favorite things about Q are how relaxed and non-dramatic he is and what a persistent hard-worker he is. I love remembering him as a little boy rarely seen without some sort of ball in his hand. I'm sort of in denial that he's in high school and growing up so fast. In fact, I don't really have any recent pictures of him, so this is all you get...

This was a looong time ago at the Catherine Creek 5k. Long gone are the days when I could out-run him.
Running fast at a Middle School meet
Another thing I notice about Quentin is that he's really nice and loving towards little Nate---he tolerates the 4 year old's whining much better than I do. Nate appreciates it enough that when he was younger, he put forth significant effort to say "Q" (a long, drawn out "cuuuhheeeww"), whereas "Eric" merited a one-syllable "Urk." Kinda funny.(Not that Eric was really mean or anything, though...Quentin was just special I guess).

Little Q and Little Nate
July (?) 2010


Happy Birthday Quentin! 
Hope you have a good one :)


No comments:

about this site