Saturday, June 11, 2011

Baby Blessing



Since the Hoyts were in Utah for Eric and Lauren's wedding, we decided to have Emery's baby blessing that same week (on May 28th). My family was able to drive down from Nyssa as well. I'm convinced that one of the best feelings on earth is having both of your families together in one place at the same time--I'm so grateful to those who were able to come and missed those that couldn't make it! We specially chose the Hendricks house as the place we wanted to have Emery blessed at because we have such good memories that span clear back to our dating days of eating dinner and visiting the awesome Hendricks family, playing the piano and singing hymns, babysitting the kids, going swimming, and the list could go on. They are so wonderful and we're glad they graciously let us fill up their house with people and have Emery's special day there.

My mom and I picked out fabric together back in April when I went to Nyssa, and then she made Emery a beautiful dress and headband...



Even more beautiful were the words in Emery's blessing and the Spirit felt during it. She is one loved little girl!





some of the kiddos

Asher and Nate---bonding through Star Wars

The "goodbye party" the day after the blessing. 

the chaos brought on by the "uncles."


2 comments:

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

What a beautiful dress! And a beautiful baby! I hope you are loving being in Georgia and adjusting!

Sab said...

Oh my goodness. I love you and I love that BABY!!!!! Wish I could have been there, but I'm totally coming to visit ya'll in GA!

about this site