Sunday, June 26, 2011

Letter to Emery---15 weeks

Dear Emery,

You are almost 4 months old!
Oh how your life has changed since I last wrote.
We moved to Georgia; you have your own room and bathroom (probably the only time in your life that will happen...too bad you're too young to appreciate it!), fun pools to play in, a nice ward with lots of friends your age, and many new things to get used to (like spiders. and giant crunchy centipedes. shudder.)

Your dad and I think you just get cuter and cuter and more fun as you grow older---it's so exciting to watch you learn new things. For example, you've been rolling from your tummy to your back for quite a few weeks now...I think it's your way of getting out of doing tummy time :). On the day before Father's Day, you laughed for the first time! Here's how it happened: you were on the couch and me and your dad were rearranging our furniture for the bajillionth time and your dad started waving his arms up and down like a crazy person at you and apparently you thought it was pretty funny. How fitting that your first laugh was at your dad...I think there will be many more laughs in the future that stem from him. We haven't replicated your laugh again, but we've come close and we'll keep trying!

Outside near the pool on a hot day
You love to grab onto things these days---you bat your hands at toys and are fascinated by bright colors and people. You are always trying to sit up too (probably because we often keep you semi-propped up to help with the reflux). You are a pro now at holding your head steady and recently got to experience the Bumbo! You seem so tiny in it to me, but you like it pretty well.


You also love using your leg muscles to stand up. It's so funny to watch you wobble back and forth on unsteady muscles as we support you by your arms. This past week, I took you to the pool! You looked adorable in your swimsuit, too bad I didn't really get any pictures. We'll get some soon though. Some of my favorite times are when we just "talk" together. I'll be holding you and all of a sudden you just stare real intently at me and start making all kinds of baby noises. When I respond back, you get a big smile on your face and start talking again. It's so cute! On Father's Day, you had a special surprise for your dad. Kind of. You had a little blow out while he was holding you :) But it's okay. He was a good sport and let me take a picture. I love the expressions on your faces.





It's fun for me and you to spend our days together! Hopefully we start getting more sleep soon and have the energy to go on more adventures. We are still working on unpacking and getting settled. It's been a slow process, but is coming along. Well, I feel like there is lots more I could tell you---guess I'll save it for a couple weeks later. Though you take a lot of time and energy, your dad and I love having you in our family! I am learning so many new things as a mother and am excited to keep watching you grow and develop.

Love,

Mom

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

Cute Post!

Cortney Scott said...

so cute! I wish I would of done that, I guess I could start now...? And it looks like she has curly hair?!

TynSal Jensen said...

What a doll! And she seems like such a happy baby! I've loved reading your blog. Your writing style is a lot of fun to read :) Good to hear how you all have been since your move... been thinking of you lately. Sounds like you're adjusting well to motherhood and Georgia!

about this site