The minute I stepped out of the airport, however, I knew the humidity was going to take some getting used to. It's been in the high 90's each day we've been here.
I've basically learned that the heat isn't too bad...as long as you stay inside :).
There's also two pools in our apartment complex that we have definitely been taking advantage of. I just bought Emery a swimsuit so she will be able to do more than just dip her toes in the water or sit in her car seat in the shade. The air smells delicious here---sultry and hot with an occasional breeze of sweet magnolia. Everything is so green! It reminds me of Washington in that way...except here it's a hot, happy green instead of a gloomy, overcast green. I really think both kinds are beautiful though. I am also loving having a 2-bedroom apartment. I keep being amazed as I unpack each box and actually find a place for everything! So wonderful. A not-so-awesome thing I am learning about Georgia is the bugs. We've had more bugs/spiders in our apartment in the week we've been here than in the two years we lived in our Utah apartment. It's not too bad though and the maintenance people at our apartment complex do a really good job at spraying and keeping the places nice.
Things we've been doing so far include...
-having fun with Brian and Ashley until they left for Washington
-mad Craigslisting (got a couch, love seat, pillows, 2 end tables, coffee table, dining room table, 4 chairs, place mats, washer, and dryer all in ONE day. And for VERY cheap too.)
-finding familiar things (like Costco, Ikea, etc.)
-lots of unpacking (almost done! Just a few more boxes to go I think.)
-driving to church (which takes 20 minutes! crazy.)
-taking a little tour of Emory University
-having lunch, dinner, and pool dates with the super nice people in our ward
-hanging up hooks, buying a vacuum, and otherwise making our little apartment a home :)
-trying to spend time together before Pete starts school
It's amazing how much effort it takes to get settled! I feel like it will probably take another 2 months before I have everything hung up and organized. It's good that between Emery and getting unpacked, I will have lots to do while Pete is slaving away studying.
3 comments:
Love the Magnolias :)
cant wait to see pics of her cute swimsuit and your apartment!!
I found your blog! This post makes me excited to see your place sometime soon. It's nice to read your thoughts about this whole whirlwind experience.
Post a Comment