I'm late.
But better late than never.
Here's a little tribute to three dads in my life:
My dad...
Growing up, I was definitely a daddy's girl. Making popcorn together, camping, fishing, playing games...these are all good memories I have with my dad. He has always encouraged me, pushed me to do my best, and supported me in my endeavors--even when it wasn't convenient for him. If I could I would buy him boats, 4-wheelers, pick-up trucks...all the things he would probably be able to buy for himself if he hadn't decided to have 6 kids instead :) Thanks for the sacrifices you make for our family! Thanks for your teaching and your example that I continue to enjoy today.
My hubby...
Watching Pete become a father has been such a wonderful thing. From the moment our little Emery was born, I feel as though a new happiness, a new light entered his eyes. I recall a doctor or nurse (can't remember which...I was heftily drugged at the time) at Emery's delivery remark how happy and excited Pete was when Ems was born. While being parents is challenging, I can see how the sacrifices and time that Pete gives to Emery only makes him love our daughter more. He is always reminding me what a sweet spirit she has and how special she is. I love how he helps me maintain this perspective through difficult times.
My father-in-law...
 |
| "Gramps" with Emery (don't mind her showin' off her tummy) :) |
His gentle, spiritual nature is something I admire and wish I possessed. He is always checking up on how I'm doing, encouraging me in the things I do, even calling me during difficult times or to congratulate me on things like graduating from college (and this is no small feat considering he has 11 kids of his own to keep him busy). From the time Pete and I were dating, my father-in-law has made me feel so welcome in the Hoyt family. I am inspired by his optimism and his ability to love everyone.
Oh how I love these three men!
My life is so enriched by them.
No comments:
Post a Comment