Friday, June 10, 2011

The Wedding

I am so happy that we were in Utah for Eric and Lauren's wedding! They were sealed in the Oquirrh Mountain temple on May 27th and the day was beautiful. In addition to the weather, It was so wonderful to have most all of the Hoyts down in Utah for the event. I'm so glad we got to see them before we left for Georgia.



Love this cake! Love the couple even more :)


The night before the wedding, there was a family dinner in Salt Lake. From the window of the "Harmony Room," where we were eating in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, we could see the tall spires of the Salt Lake temple. We ate and listened to little speeches about Eric and Lauren by their parents. Sadly, Emery was a little grumpy and I had to miss some of the words to hold her outside. Then it was time to feed her, and my places to nurse her were a bit limited. I ended up just feeding her in the handicapped bathroom (Emery just does better with no noise and no cover...hence the bathroom, k? Don't judge.) As I sat on the bathroom floor trying to get my sweet little girl to EAT (much harder than it sounds), I daydreamed about her growing up someday and thought of how badly I want her to make choices all through her life that will lead her to the temple, just as Eric and Lauren did. And someday when she is grown and marrying the man of her dreams in the temple, I will remember all these sitting-on-the-bathroom-floor (or in the car...or on the couch...or somewhere else alone) infant days and
it will
all.
be.
worth it.

These are the types of things I have to think to maintain my perspective. Am I crazy? So be it. It keeps me sane.

Love this little girl!

I am so happy for Eric and Lauren---they are a wonderful couple and are going to do great things together! Pete and I are sad to miss their reception in Washington. What a fun time together :)

Ashley and I at the reception.


  

1 comment:

Jasmine said...

you guys are such a cute little family. I love your matching purple!

about this site