Saturday, June 11, 2011

Moving Day


Who would've guessed I'd be so sad to leave Provo?!
My emotions didn't leave anything out, that's for sure. I shed tears at the Hendricks the night before moving day, then as I packed, then when my parents left, then when Pete's parents left, then as the U-Haul trailer left, and of course, when finally Pete and Emery and I left.

My parents, the Hendricks, and Pete's family all helped out so much. I'd still be packing in Provo if it weren't for their hard work boxing up and cleaning up our apartment. Brian and Ashley were kind enough to actually drive the car pulling the U-Haul trailer all the way from Provo to our apartment in Atlanta. Not only that, but when they picked us up from the airport in Atlanta, they had already unloaded all of our stuff into our apartment. Seriously. Can you see why I get emotional having to be so far away from such awesome people? Pete and I are so grateful for all the help from our family; we couldn't have made this move without them.

Maybe I'm too sentimental, but moving to Atlanta meant more to me than just leaving Provo. It meant leaving behind lots of family members within driving distance, leaving the place where Pete and I fell in love, the first apartment that we brought our little baby home to. I just kept thinking of how a wonderful chapter of our lives was ending. However, I realize a new and exciting one is about to begin---complete with new challenges and adventures. It was right for us to come to Georgia, and I know we are going to grow so much as a family. 

Here's some pictures from moving day...

This is one of my favorite pics. Emery and Grandpa J spent the morning together. She was so sweet and just let him hold her and play with her. She must've known it would be the last time for a little while. 
At one point during the packing craziness, I set Emery down alone in an almost empty room so that I could  help pack in another room. A while later she started fussing a little bit. Luckily, Hannah, Eli, and Asher went to play with her. I came into the room to find her happy and babbling with the cute Hendricks kids. I was glad they were keeping her company! Look at Eli and Emery about to touch pinky fingers together...I didn't even see that at the time I took the picture. So cute!

Emery and Hannah Z. 

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

Geeez, I must still have pregnancy hormones, because you post even makes me cry! haha

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

I swear moving day was the worst for me! I thought about you all week thinking about how you must be having a least a little bit of a hard time! I'm glad you got through the flight adventure too! Emery just gets prettier!

about this site