Monday, June 27, 2011

Yay for Monday!

Was only up three-ish times before 8:30am. I can live with that. For now.

Woke up this morning, fed Emery, then we headed to the exercise room. Emery chilled on her blanket a few feet away from the treadmill I was on. She laid there fascinated for 30 minutes just watching my legs move back and forth. Next, we came home and she had a little nap while I showered, ate breakfast, and read my scriptures. Next, I fed her and loaded her up in the car seat for a grocery trip. I took the Baby Bjorn to the grocery store (loaned to me by a friend), and grocery shopping was so much more fun! It was nice not to have to lug Emery's car seat in to the store, put it in the cart, almost crash into everything ('cause I can't see over the top of the seat), and have her get upset halfway through shopping. Instead I could be close to her the whole time and still have two hands free! Oh wonderful invention.

At home, we cleaned up a bit, started dinner, and then rested together for 45 minutes ("together" because she wouldn't sleep unless I held her). Now Emery is down for a nap, dinner is made for the husband when he gets home, and soon Emery and I will head off for a bit of babysitting this evening for a family in our ward. Once we get home, we'll get to see Pete finally(!) and have a nice family home evening together.

I'm tired, but it's been a good day.
And I'm going to sleep well tonight! (drawing on the power of positive thinking, you know).

2 comments:

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

Oh my heck you sound so productive! I swear with these little babies you just have to take it one day at a time, some days you can accomplish a whole lot (relatively) and other days you just dream of a shower while you sing "Hush little baby" for the zillionth time! And I think Em is such a doll, I couldn't get over her darling little outfits in that last post- what a beauty!

Marie said...

Good for you! I have yet to make it down to our fitness center...

about this site